Friday, February 27, 2009
I am still in a funk. I am in need of grace and mercy and healing. I need to be lifted up. I need to curl up in my bed and sleep, but the rest does not come. I need tissues with lotion.
I apologize that this is short and depressing. It depresses me even more right now and I hate that too. Ugh, vicious cycle.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I linked up an old post I did about painting the hall bathroom. Yes, it took more than ten minutes. No, I don't feel bad about including it. I did it in a day, so I was certainly proud about that. Click HERE to see more.
And I have tried for about five minutes to copy the cute logo she provided, but for some reason my computer is not be very cooperative about posting it. It's cute. Go over and check her out. The Nester always has great ideas about your home decor. She's one of the few buttons I have on my sidebar.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Here are the reasons I like it. And these are in no particular order...I'm just calling them like I see them.
- I love the lighting in the shot. I know it is California and they are outside and it is warm there and I want to be on that red carpet.
- I wish I could get dressed up for fancy stuff.
- I love the expression on Jim's/John's face. So sweet. Smiling down on Pam/Jenna in the way that makes me think that he might have actually had a thing for her at one time. And I know that stars are ACTING, they aren't actually in love, but I still like to think it's real. I still think that Chandler and Monica are together somewhere. Leave me to my fantasy.
- I wish Charlie would wear a tux all the time. He's going to be in a wedding in May and I was so happy when the groom asked him. I knew I would get to see him in a tux. Yum.
- Did you see the episode of the Office after the superbowl and Jim told Pam's dad how he felt about Pam? I think my heart skipped a beat. I rewound it and played that part twice. Great writing on that show.
In the past I have had pictures of Lucy on my wallpaper. I have had hail and leaves and trees (of course) the X-men (charlie's pic) and Iron Man. Depending on my mood, I change it around.
Which brings me to my next question...what's on your screen?
Monday, February 16, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Let me repeat. He is cranky.
And, like a pregnant woman.
The other night when he was coming down with his sinus stuff, he wanted to go to the store, so we went. He decided he wanted Sprite and soft tissues. Ok. We picked up some Nyquil. Ok. We stood there in the store and I asked him if he wanted anything else. No, he said.
Not an hour after we got home he said he wanted cereal. I told him we had Life cereal in the cabinet. He said yuck. Then he pouted and looked pitiful. So I got in the car and went back to the store to pick up Lucky Charms and Captain Crunch.
He was content to eat right out of the box.
My husband has class.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Here are things I think are semi-funny about doctor's offices, but I seem to find wherever I go...
- The chairs in the waiting room aren't ever comfortable, and I hate it when they are attached at the arms. That just isn't enough room when it is a crowded waiting room, and the person sitting next to you is quite large.
- Why aren't there ever good magazines? Who wants to read Ski Magazine? Come on, would it hurt to invest in People? Or Real Simple?
- Do they need to put me in a room and ask me to sit on the exam table when there are two perfectly good chairs in there? Especially when they are going to leave you in there waiting for another twenty minutes. That isn't comfortable. At all. I always just sit in the chair.
- Urine samples aren't easy for women. We just aren't made that way.
- The hallways back behind the reception desk are a maze of beige walls and closed doors. And nothing is labeled in a manner that makes sense to the patients.
Now, my doctor's office is brand new and the doctor was really nice. The room wasn't this teeny-tiny cubicle and the doctor happily filled out all my forms. The billing woman, though, was a tad snippy, but I can forgive her if she has to deal with insurance forms all day.
Ok, even I am bored typing this post. It's quite a yawner. Life just hasn't been filled with excitement lately. Lots of paperwork, appointments, and family stuff going on and the only thing I have to report on is my appointment. Charlie has a sinus infection. I grocery shopped yesterday and made hot dogs for dinner last night. See, life is so interesting!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
- The men at church were hosting a chili cook-off and Charlie was excited about how he might be able to bring home the leftovers. He thought it would save me from cooking one night this week. I asked him if he'd ever noticed that I never made chili and he hadn't thought about it that much. I told him it was because I hate chili. He decided not to bring any home.
- I accidentally fell asleep this afternoon with wet hair and woke up with dry, out-of-control, non-moussed frizzy hair. It was ugly. My hair is now in a French braid.
- I cut my finger yesterday and everytime I bend it, it hurts.
- When it rains in the afternoons, you should think of me. Because I am standing outside for 45 minutes with a yellow slicker on, holding an umbrella by pressing my arm to my side so that I can keep a dry-erase board dry, so that I can do my carpool job. That happened two days this week. You should try it.
- Punxsutawney Phil is only right 37% of the time.
- It is legal to tackle someone by pulling on their hair. It's legal in football. I don't imagine it's a good practice in life.
- I got French fries at McDonald's today and they only filled my fry container up about half way and I didn't notice until I got home. Honestly, the fries are my favorite part. If the French really did invent them, I have to give them props.
- I keep waiting for Emily's blog to have a new design, and each day I am so excited to click over there, but it hasn't happened yet.
- I am waiting for The Office to come on after the Super Bowl, but it means watching the end of the SB to see it, and I just don't think I have that much energy left tonight. Thank goodness I can watch later online.
- We used up our January allotment of grocery money by the 25th, and although I could have shopped anyway, I decided to have a grocery challenge and see if we could eat all week without shopping for anything else. We had some weird combinations, but we managed to do it. Tuesday night we had leftover porkchops with pancakes and we each had an egg. Strange, but tasty.
That's probably more than you ever wanted to know about my sleepy little life. We really don't do much around here, and the grocery challenge was actually one of the most interesting parts of the week. See what I mean? If that's the highlight of my week?
Time for bed. Nighty-night.