I showed you this before, with my fancy fabric from Mood in NYC. I had this magic plan for these curtains, and the plan had to change many, many, many times. I made a couple of mistakes, but I'm getting closer to finishing them, but here's the beginning.
I found this fabric at Mood. Pre-ruffled fabric. I had never seen fabric like this before, and I had to do something with it. It called my name. It said, "Sissy, you must have a yard of me and make something special. Please, take me home." So, I did.
The other fabric was this brown with criss-cross pattern. This fabric is on the thick side, and I've seen it on bedspreads all over. Why did I want such thick curtains? Well, I didn't. But my husband, who has a glossy TV in our den, wanted to be able to close the curtains and block out the light and glare. I wanted something feminine and fun. Thus, I thought about combining the two. Genius, right?
Well, there are more problems to encounter in the next couple of posts, but the basic idea looks like the below picture. Hanging the curtains and finding a way to move them up and down has been the biggest problem. Oh, other than the fact that I accidentally had two layers of fabric on top of one another and cut a six inch slice into one of the thicker panels. My curtains ended up about five inches shorter than I planned, but after I cried about it, I just adjusted my plan.
It's been a fun project, and will be pretty functional when I actually hang them up. Well, I have part of them up now, but I am also working on some sheers to hang behind them. I wanted to be able to have the darkness Charlie was looking for when he wanted it, but the softness I wanted most of the time.
I need to finish them before I have to report to school on Monday for workdays. My summer is just about over, people. Sigh.