Debbie at this is the life tagged me for a meme. When she tagged me, I so didn't know what a meme was, or how to pronounce it. Then I went to her blog and she had the same questions. But not ONE answer. I still don't know what a meme is, but it sounds French. Yeah, I'll blame the French for the word and get on with the post now.
For this meme, I am supposed to share 6 unimportant things about myself, and then tag 6 of you to do the same. I admit that I am horrible at chain letters, and things like this. I always break the chain, because I never want to pass it along. So I apologize right now, Debbie, for ignoring that part of the rule. But, if any of you want to participate, do so and I will claim that I tagged ya.
Ok, here goes. Six unimportant things about me, in no random order...
1. I failed my driver's test the first time. Hit a cone when I was parking. I was sooo embarassed because I was almost 17 anyway and had aced driver's ed. My older brother was with me and it was so uncool to fail. I did go back three weeks later and I passed the test and hugged the tester lady.
2. I lived in Alaska for eight years. My parents moved up there when I was 6 months old and we lived there until I was 8. I loved the snow, the atmosphere, the pine trees, and all the fun outdoor stuff to do. When we moved to Florida I became an indoor girl, and I think it was due to the temperature change.
3. I have a crazy good memory. Seriously. It's not quite photographic, but it is pretty close. In school I could normally picture where certain things would be on my textbook pages. I never had trouble with memorizing anything. It just comes naturally. Emily can vouch for this, and so can my husband(he hates it). For this reason, I love quiz shows and games. I like Jeopardy and Trivial Persuit and all of that. My husband hates to play anything where you have to remember names and dates, so I have to twist his arm to get him to play.
4. I choose salty over sweet. Always have. Give me French fries (see, blame the French!) over a candy bar any day of the week. If it can be fried, I like it. Consequently, I am now dieting. My love of salty has gone too far. Sigh.
5. I didn't have cereal with marshmallows until college. My parents were health nuts and always fed us good nutritious healthy stuff, which was good, I guess. In college I fell in love with lucky charms and white bread. We didn't drink Kool-aid until I was 13 or so, and my mom made pizza from scratch each week. There were vegetables with every meal, and carob coated rice cakes. Carob=fake chocolate. Yuck.
6. I have a weakness for 300 thread count sheets. I save up to buy them. If I can find higher thread count, I will get those. I love to slip into soft sheets that smell like fabric softener and close my eyes. Soft sheets are especially important in the summer, when you wear less to bed, or for those times when you wear nothing to bed. Uh-huh...know what I mean? I love me some soft sheets and a down comforter.
Hope you enjoyed all that info about yours truly. I think I have to post some rules now...
1. Link back to the person who tagged you (see above)
2. Post these rules (see these rules)
3. Share 6 unimportant things (could these be any more dull?)
4. Tag 6 more people (flagrant violation of the rules here)
Um, low battery on the laptop, so I gotta post and get on with my evening. This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, so I have some presents to sort through. I recieved about 25 candy bars, which really isn't the best for my diet, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. Oh, well. Remember, if you decide to play, I am claiming you as my tag. Enjoy.