Wednesday, July 16, 2008

i'm a tease

I am knee deep in the midst of a project redecorating my living room and dining room. I know, I know, you wanna know what it is going to look like, but I haven't completed all the elements yet. Here is what it looked like after we moved the beige furniture in from the den. It was awkwardly positioned in the room and my TV suddenly looked huge. And those throw pillows came from another couch that we had before and donated to the Goodwill.

Here is what it looked like today. I finished up putting on the second coat and took the tape off this afternoon. See how I still have a chair sitting on my dining room table? And all my furniture is shoved toward the middle of the room now.
But see this delightful find? This fabulous embroidered silk pillow was a clearance find at TJ Maxx. It is a lovely shade of greenish gold and is in the color scheme I am working with. I spent Tuesday night wandering around TJ Maxx and having a little alone time. That is one od my favorite places to go and relax. I took it with me when I went to a fabric store to pick out some curtain fabric.
My mom and I spent an hour and a half in the store and I walked out with one yard of this beautiful silk striped number. I could only afford one yard, but I am going to add it to some cheaper curtains to make myself some Mistreatments.
But I also found some discount fabric for another project for the room. Some really nice gold upholstery fabric. For what?

Show you later. See, I told you I'm a tease.

8 comments:

Hunny Bee said...

So purty. I love the stripey fabric. I haven't been to TJ Maxx in awhile. I should check it out again. Seems like I'm missing out on some good stuff!

Rebekah said...

Looks promising- cant wait to see the final result

Heather said...

Oh, I love it!! The fabric is so yummy and the pillow...well, the pillow is fabulous. I can't wait to see the room!!

Lula! said...

You are a tease, but I'm a sucker for delicious fabrics, so I'll let it slide this time. I could spend hours in a fabric store...literally...

OK, get back to work and show us some "afters," please.

Anonymous said...

A tease indeed. The pillow is lovely and the fabric is stunning. Together, they will be perfect.

The walls are looking good, too. Don't you love that you have to completely make a mess to make things better.

Looking forward to the end result.
-- Brandi

Debbie said...

That pillow is gorgeous..and guess what? I just had my whole house painted in Restrained Gold. I love love love the color. I am an Benjamin Moore person, but I left my comfort zone for RG.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Love the colors - and especially that pillow! I love fabrics. And color. There are no white walls in my house. Can't wait to see "the rest of the story..."

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

It's looking good - I love decorative posts!

Looking forward to the finished projects!