Saturday, July 12, 2008

small packages

Thursday Charlie and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. I know, the big 4. We've been married such a long time! LOL. Anyway, I decided to plan our celebration and so I made reservations at a local restaurant and B&B to surprise Charlie.


Here we are getting ready to leave.

Here is Charlie sitting in the biiiiiig bed at the B&B. The room was so cute and had the best bathroom with a whirlpool tub. I took two baths while we were there.
And here is my present! Ohmy. Ohmy. It is so pretty.
It is kinda hard to tell, but the stone is a pale green amethyst (I didn't know they came in green) and it has four diamond prongs. It looks a little odd in the picture. Hmmmm. Maybe from another angle. Is that better?


Let me tell you something though, about how well my husband knows me. After we left the B&B, we went and saw a movie and then Charlie said he had a surprise for me. We went to a jewelry store and he stopped outside. Then he told me he had picked something out for me and we were going to pick it up, but if I didn't like it, I should say so and we would just pick out something else.

Can you guess? I didn't like it.

He actually did a pretty good job and the necklace had a flower pendant (year #4 is flowers and small appliances?) but it wasn't right. So we shopped around and I picked this out. So pretty. I kept staring at it all day and letting it catch the sunlight and sparkle.

My husband is such a surprise at times. He is really a great gift giver, and I love him for that. He told me once that he was not a mind reader, so when I see things I like I need to let him know. He files the info for later, and I am so grateful and touched when something special appears.

And even more grateful when he lets me exchange it.

10 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Anniversary!
I'm glad you two had a wonderful celebration. Your ring looks so pretty and sparkly.

Love, Alison

Rebekah said...

Happy Anniversary. Great husband, Gorgeous RING

Lula! said...

That ring is fabulous, Sissy! It's has your name written all over it. I can tell all the way over here. Yep, sure can.

Happy Anniversary to y'all!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

very nice!
And happy four years!
Here's to "and Many more!!!"

Debbie said...

Sigh....I am still lamenting over spending my 10 year anniversary this past January on my flu death bed. Nothing as romantic as a B&B. It sounds like you had a ball, and that ring is really pretty! What a fun adventure!

Heather said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Your ring is GORGEOUS!! I enlarged the picture to get a nice, good look at it. What a sweet, sweet hubby you have.

Jennifer P. said...

Sounds like you got a keeper for sure :)! Your ring is gorgeous!--Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

The ring sparkles so pretty. Happy Anniversary dear. Four years is a great milestone as is each year afterwards.

Our 10th anni was last August. We went to Disney World without the kids and had a blast. It's so great to love the one you're with.

Simply Stork said...

How wonderful...and HELLO that ring is gorgeous :o)

~simply~

Caren said...

I'm kind of late on commenting but just wanted to say that your present is beautiful and congratulations on 4 years. My Husband and I are about to celebrate 14! Best wishes for many more good years together!