Thursday, July 30, 2009

sunday afternoons

I don't know what your Sundays are like, but I tend to get some alone time on Sundays. You see, Sunday is a workday for my husband, as he is the Media Director for our church. That means he's at church for both morning services, and the evening one. I usually get lunch and an hour or two with him in the afternoon, but I tend to use the extra time for me.

What do I like to do? I like to grocery shop, see friends or hang out by myself and catch up on alone time. Yes, I love to grocery shop. I love to cook and the two go hand in hand. And I like shopping by myself usually. Once in awhile it's fun to have the husband along, but most of the time, I like going alone. The aisles are a world of possibilities staring me in the face, ingredients asking me to take them home. I know, I'm a freak.

This past Sunday, I had lunch at my mom's house with two friends from college. Beth (on the left) was in from Miami and Kristen (on the right) lives in town. Beth hasn't been back to see us in awhile and so we filled our bellies with mom's famous turkey meatloaf, potatoes and cranberry sauce and caught up. Beth is a chaplain at the University of Miami and Kristen is thinking of buying a condo. Lots to talk about.

Girls afternoons are so not stressful and so full of memories. We sipped Cheerwine (a local Carolina cherry soda) and caught up before I had to take Beth to the airport. It was a fun afternoon, and when I went home, I still managed some time on my own before my husband came home.

What do you do with Sundays?

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

Sundays are filled with anything and everything we can pile into them. LOL Last Sunday for example we went to the early church service, headed to the Pear Festival in Courtland and then had company over for dinner that night. We were WIPED OUT!

Alison said...

Sounds like a great Sunday afternoon to me! Craig works on Sundays from 2pm-10pm. That is also his long run day, which pretty much eats up his morning. That leaves Caroline and me to our own devices. Caroline plays with friends until she tells me it's time to go to the pool. Guess who is the boss around here! At the pool, I read while she swims. Then we come home and I watch HGTV while hiding from the kids that have no doubt invaded my house and pantry.
I used to love grocery shopping until we moved into a three story townhouse with a zillion stairs and a ridiculously unspacious side by side refrigerator.